Best Floor Plans for Families
Whether you intend to buy a small new home or a larger family-friendly residence, one way to find the perfect home for your family is to browse through different floor plans. When checking out house plans, a few things you should pay attention to include the number of bedrooms, bathrooms, square footage, and any specific features you want for your family.
Because selecting the right plan requires plenty of planning, we’ve compiled a list of our best floor plans that can assist you in making the right choice.
- San Rafael III – This amazing one-story house plan features one master bedroom and bath, three standard bedrooms with two adjacent baths, kitchen area, kitchen nook, walk-in pantry, a utility room, a large family room, as well as living and dining rooms connected by a foyer. The homeowners who choose this floor plan will enjoy a series of special touches, such as the spacious, open-sided rear lanai specifically designed for outdoor lovers and the three-car garage.
- The Franklin – This traditional two-story floor plan may be the perfect choice for a family looking for a new home. While the lower floor brings together a large breakfast area, dining area, kitchen, a spacious great room, living room, master suite, master bath, and utility room, the upper floor features three bedrooms, one and a half baths, storage space, and a versatile media room that can be transformed into a game room or home office. This home also has an appealing brick exterior, an inconspicuous angled two-car garage, and a spacious rear patio that is perfect for family gatherings and outdoor parties.
- Amelia Island II – Amelia Island II proposes another one-story plan, with a layout similar to that of San Rafael III. Because this floor plan is 500 square feet smaller than San Rafael III, it provides a better option for smaller families. Compared to San Rafael III, Amelia Island II doesn’t have a living room and walk-in pantry, contains one and a half baths instead of the two full baths, and the lanai has been replaced with a patio.
- Barbary Isle – Modern style and sleek design are moving way up the charts this year. Our Barbary Isle home promotes an appealing contemporary style, which makes it the perfect choice for the young families looking for a new home. The two-story layout wraps around one master bedroom and bath, a large family room connected to dining and kitchen areas, utility room, and a half-bath downstairs, and three bedrooms with two bathrooms upstairs. The asymmetrical roof adds an interesting twist to the home, without looking overdone.
- Lido Key III – Symmetry is one the most important characteristics of this home. This floor plan is well thought-out, with three bedrooms, on one side, and family and dining areas, on the other, flanking the kitchen, kitchen nook, baths, and utility room. The master bath is worthy of note because it includes two large walk-in closets, a spa tub, his-and-her sinks, and a compartmented toilet. A walk-in shower can be included as well, upon request. There is also a study room that can become a game room, home office, or an additional bedroom.
- Grand Canary – This one-story floor plan is another excellent choice for a new home. In addition to the creative blend of materials, which gives the home a stunning exterior, the open floor plan makes the living space flow freely into the kitchen, cafe and family areas, providing the perfect setting for family gatherings. The floor plan also contains a master bedroom and bath nestled in the rear of the home, three standard bedrooms, two and a half baths, a utility room, a small foyer, and a flex room that can be transformed into a guest room, play room, study room, or home office. Additionally, the generous adjoining lanai lends many outdoor options.
At Whitworth Builders, we use a variety of materials to adorn the exteriors of the homes that we build. Inside, most homes have family-friendly open floor plans with spacious kitchen, living, and dining areas that anticipate and encourage the hustle and bustle of family life. If you’re looking for a new home in Northwest Florida, one more thing you should know is that our Whitworth homes stay true to the architectural designs that perfectly fit the Southern living. To find out how to find the perfect home for your family, please contact our experienced builders and realtors who can direct you toward the right home options.